Tuesday 27 November 2007

Noro Rip Out

You know that thing I said yesterday about making sure the yarn wasn't twisted when I was doing the first row of Mavis? Well, I had another look at it after I finished that post and I noticed that it was actually twisted. I don't know how I'd managed to do that. So I ripped it.
Once I took it off the needles I was able to measure it properly and discovered that it was a bit too big too, so I'm not too bothered about the ripping. I think I learnt enough on the first cast on to be able to do a better job this time, and I won't have to worry about that mistakette that I was trying to ignore. So everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

These rosewood needles are the ones I get from Scottish Fibres, a German brand called Susanne's. They are available in ebony too and the wood is the left overs from the manufacture of musical instruments, a cheering thought and as close as I am likely to get to playing one. I have tried the ebony needles but the ebony didn't seem to become as polished through use, but I love the rosewood, especially the dpns. Classic Elite distribute them in the U.S.

There's a new jigsaw in the sidebar, showing Lorna's Laces in Bittersweet again.

2 comments:

Vivienne said...

I am feeling greatly cheered by the new jigsaw, although it brings out the worst in me - I am ludicrously competitive. Still, it's all good training for the jigsaw fest that is Christmas with my husband's family.

Thanks for the purring cat too - it is one of the most comforting noises I know.

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, grr. I hate it when I twist a cast-on -- it makes me so cranky! That yarn is truly lovely, though.

I am loving the name stoorsooker for a vacuum cleaner (do I roll the r's?); urban legend or no, I may have to adopt that, too (can you imagine explaining it to grandchildren years hence? "well, I got the name from a comment on my blog" lol). You're right, Mozart's duets are definitely humorous :)

Hope the new cast on is going smoothly!