Monday 10 August 2009

The Exciting Bit

Anhinga has reached the exciting bit.


I am knitting the flap.

The fronts and flap have taken me longer than they should; I can't really understand how they took the whole weekend, but anyway I'm decreasing now and the tension is mounting.

Actually, I'm worrying that this isn't going to turn out well: I think this is Chrissy's fault, because I haven't got over how that turned out and I haven't had another go at doing the neck, which I should have done by now. It is causing Fear of Finishing, which in turn is induced by an old friend which has been identified and named by Knit Forwards, to be known henceforward as Post Knitting Disappointment Disorder. This is breakthrough work on her part and should be recognized as such, that awful moment when the garment you thought you were knitting turns into the garment you were actually knitting.

I am telling myself that it's a beautiful colour, a steely midnight blue, and the humidity here (93%) would make anyone feel doomy, and it'll all be lovely when it's done. Won't it?

To cheer us up, here's another little bit from Cosi fan tutte; again there are no subtitles, but we can guess what's going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fear not, Anhinga is on your side. And especially in high humidity, Bamboo Tape is all you'll ever want to wear. So, what's a couple of hours of sewing the pieces together? The urge to wear my newest creation always gets me through the finishing line.

Good luck!

Sea said...

I know what you mean when things don't turn out as expected. I started knitting a shawlette(?!) from one of the one skein books, it didn't look right, so I just pulled the needles out, and restarted, then after looking on the website, found a corrected chart. "rolls eyes". Anything I knit from a book will be checked before I start in future.
Am sure you Anhinga will turn out perfect.

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I have that disorder all the time! I think it's why I knit shawls so often -- they always fit the way I think they should. But I think that this one is going to turn out beautifully, and that color is going to be perfect for you. It's all good.