Tuesday 7 October 2008

A Slight Hechnical Titch

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I'm having some problems with Blogger. I usually use Firefox as my browser, although I use Internet Explorer for some things, like my online grocery order, because they run more smoothly in that. However, Blogger won't let me post through either of these just now: I click and click but the cursor doesn't come up.

Google have recently launched a browser called Chrome which I installed in a spirit of Oooooh, Something New and Shiny, and it transpires that it does let me post in Blogger. However, it has arbitrarily changed the font and won't let me change it back, and although it shows the little hand on photos, you can click and click but they never get bigger, sigh.

I have a suspicion that the problem lies in Java, but I have no idea really. I'll ask some of my techy friends but I don't think any of them is an expert on browser comparison, sadly.

I expect most of you already read Mason-Dixon Knitting, but just in case you don't, here is a chance to see Kay and Ann in action. 


Love it.

I've finished the Forest Canopy Shawl (number five, Fishwife!) and I hope to block it tomorrow. I would block it tonight but then I'd have to sleep with it, and I might get damp.

POST SCRIPT: The font has changed back again. Oooooh.

2 comments:

beverlyanne said...

I actually like the new font. I had font problems with Blogger and IE when I tried to use the most simple and classic Blogger template. The spacing between the lines was always off and photos didn't space themselves right. I know, it's very frustrating.

Knitting Linguist said...

Don't you hate it when your browser thinks it knows more than you do? Drives me batty...

Ooh! Five Forest Canopies. I'm impressed :)