Wednesday 19 September 2007

Malabrigo Gorgeousness

This arrived this morning. Isn't it lovely?

It's four skeins of Malabrigo in Polar Morn, which is a grey-and-white with shades of lavender, I think. I got it from Quality Fibers, who are lovely too.

The lavender is very hard to see, in fact sometimes I think it isn't there at all, and then I find myself looking for it again. So I think it must be there, because you don't keep looking for a colour that isn't there, do you?

I'm planning to make Elizabeth Zimmermann's Rib Warmer with this. I have a copy of Knitting Workshop, which contains the pattern, but I've ordered the Spun Outs which contain additional information, partly because I want to finish the Creamy Scarf before I dive into this and partly because I'm a completist. When my boss used to ask me to give him a report or an outline or a proposal or whatever, he always used to add, 'And just one side of A4, Helen,' because he knew that otherwise he would get a thesis on his desk. And I would say, 'Can I single-space it?'

Once I've wound a ball of it, I'll do a little swatch to show you.

2 comments:

Cheesehead With Sticks said...

MMMmm!

I want to go swimming in that box! It looks fabulous!

Other goodies are on their way to you as well! :)

Helen said...

Oooooh.
Yummm
I so NEED a good Malabrigo garment.
I just can't decide -- everything I want to turn into one takes a ton o' yarn (and as you know Malabrigo ain't cheap.) I need something smallish that touches my skin...
Dang I wish I wore scarves..