Thursday 10 May 2007

More stripes


The Blueberry Summer Tweed arrived and I discovered that I had already bought some of it: it looks darker on monitors. I would call it lilac. So I've altered the stripes a little bit again and I've finished the first sleeve and am approaching the shoulder. I'll try to get a photograph tomorrow, when the sun comes out.

I love these cuff-to-cuff cardigans. I knitted Debbie Bliss's Lara last year, and upscaled it to a jacket by using Noro Kureyon. That's it in the photo above. I love it. I started knitting it during the first of the very hot weather last year and melted under it because it was so warm on my lap. I couldn't wear it until the winter, but I wore it a lot as soon as I could. I did five rows of moss stitch at the hem, because a lot of bloggers recommended that, and if I were to knit it again I would make the increases at the side straight instead of shaping it. The grey and lilac look very misty and the green and turquoise add to the landscape effect. Altogether, it looks like a Scottish landscape, somewhere in the Outer Hebrides perhaps.

No comments: